We protect your household contents, possessions and valuables

Your Thatchowners contents insurance policy protects your possessions and household contents against accident, damage, loss and theft - plus a lot more besides. It also covers locks, glass in furniture, your audio-visual and computing kit, bikes and accessories at home or abroad plus home contents that a student family member may have taken to college or university.

Thatched Property Insurance

If you own a thatched property and are looking for a great deal on your buildings and contents insurance with a specialist in thatched properties, then look no further.

What’s included in my policy?

The contents cover we arrange is fully comprehensive: that basically means everything you own that’s not part of the structure of your home. Our thatched property contents insurance covers your possessions whether for your main residence, holiday home or buy-to-let nest egg. From jewellery, antiques and paintings to gifts, business equipment, cash and credit cards. You’ll be covered for the full costs of replacement or repair caused by:

  • Accident, damage, loss and theft – in short, for all circumstances that are beyond your control.

There may be exclusions if your property is in a flood risk area – but we’ll talk you through your options if it’s applicable.

For full policy details including all exclusions, please refer to the policy booklet.

How does it work?

Your contents insurance policy is the flipside of buildings insurance. We cover you for incidents in the home as well as any loss or damage to your possessions while away from home (*additional premium applies). So whether you’ve dropped your camera in the sea in Sicily (*additional premium applies) or a power cut in Peterborough has spoiled the food in your freezer, we’ve got you covered.

One call to our UK-based team gets the ball rolling and our knowledgeable loss adjusters will take care of the rest. A contents insurance policy from Thatchowners also covers you for:

A quick word on policy exclusions and limitations. These are things like natural wear and tear and the costs of maintenance work - and we’ll walk you through them before you buy.
  1. All contents removed temporarily from the home – including items that a student family member may have taken with them.

  2. All specified electronic devices from computers and smartphones to music systems.

  3. All types of gifts plus your cash and credit cards.

  4. Bicycles, lawn mowers and items stored in any lockable outbuildings.

Come and talk to one of our advisors now on 0800 612 9910. We’ll take care of the rest.

For information on how we use your personal data please refer to our   UK Privacy Notice   |   EEA Privacy Notice

Thank you! We have received your enquiry and will respond to you within 24 hours. For urgent enquiries please call us on 0800 612 9910
Sorry, there was a problem processing your enquiry. Try again later or call us now on 0800 612 9910.

Level of Cover

Include all labour, materials, thatch, professional fees and temporary accommodation costs during repair/rebuild.

Include all your possessions and valuables that are not part of the structure of your home.

About the Property

Edit your address

About You

In addition to responding to your query submitted via this webpage, we’d like to tell you about our products or services that may interest you. Please tick if you would like to hear about these by:

We or our group companies may also send you details of the products and services of our group companies. Please tick if you would like to hear about these:

You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by contacting us.

Back to top